Dec 1, 2010

Something needs to change...

Blogging? I honestly don’t know anything about it, other than reading other people’s blogs online.  But I’ve jumped on to the bandwagon and we’ll see how long this will last....

So the Leafs lose AGAIN, breaking their three-game win streak at home and receiving their third loss in a row. Why is it that whenever they hold a comfortable lead, they always seem to give it up and lose in OT? It’s become a pattern for them.  It’s getting ridiculous and it’s really getting to me.  It’s hard enough to watch  old-time faves like Darcy Tucker, Mats Sundin, Matt Stajan and Tie Domi replaced by the younger generation we see now, but it’s harder to watch them lose almost every game when the team is so-called “re-building”.  Man, I don’t even want to think about how fans who have been waiting since after 1967 feel right now...

Don’t get me wrong.  I love all the current players on the roster right now.  We have a lot of young talent (Schenn, Kessel, Kadri, just to name a few).  But it’s like the team is too young and inexperienced.  The average age is what? Twenty-six? Although we still got veterans like Kaberle and captain Phaneuf, I think we need a forward veteran who can score and generate momentum for the team.

And Ron Wilson? Don’t even get me started. Everything’s just not going right for those buds right now and it’s frustrating to watch when you can’t do anything about it.  All I can do is sit in front of my TV, pout and slowly watch our playoff dream slip away....

I really hope things turn around. If not, there goes another year without the cup.  How many years is that? Hmmm, I lost count.

2 comments:

  1. AGREED. I miss the good old days when Texas had a team as well...

    ps. really like your ending, i can HEAR the bitterness

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you said was all true. Our team seems to lack direction and are in the mist of rebuilding itself I guess?

    Hope we get to the playoffs at least before 2012 ...

    ReplyDelete

Post something. Even if you don't agree. After all, that's what sports is all about.