Dec 17, 2010

November = blue and white month =)

Since I couldn’t grow a Movemeber mustache due to my gender, the month of November was by far the most fun I've had since earlier this May when my friends and I went to Vegas. There were so many Leafs events happening that whole month such as the All Access with Kessel and Bozak, two Leafs games I attended (one of them I won tickets to) and meet and greets with five Leafs. Here are a string of photo albums I put together which pretty much summarizes November for me!

 
LEAFS MEET AND GREET (NOV. 14, 21, 28):


Click here to view more photos from this event

Thanks to my friend Jeff and his awesome researching skills, we had a chance to meet Luke Schenn, Phil Kessel, Tyler Bozak, Clarke MacArthur and Luca Caputi every Sunday of that month. (Bozak, MacArthur, Caputi all appeared at the same time on the 28th)

Being a Leafs fan for over ten years, this was definitely a dream come true.  I mean, how often do you get to meet your Leafs and take pictures with them within such a short time spam.  Many people showed up to see the players. Schenn was pretty shy and quiet but everyone else was very friendly and seemed happy to be there for the fans. 



WON TICKETS: LEAFS VS. CANUCKS (NOV. 13):


Click here to view more photos from this event

Disappointing day turned good - My best friend Denise and I originally planned to watch the Leafs game at Real Sports Bar next to the ACC that night. And if you’ve ever been to the bar on home game nights, you either have to make reservations beforehand or go EXTREMELY early to get a table.  Unfortunately we didn’t know this. We arrived at around 4pm and they told us that if we wanted a table to eat, we had to either be seated right away or there will be no more tables. So we decided to take the table and rushed to eat our dinner and left before 5pm since there was a reservation at our table at 5. 

It sucked because after that we went to the bar to see if there were any seats for us to watch the game.  Not to my surprise, there weren’t any.  So we stood in front of the big screen near the pole from 5:30 pm - 7pm, thinking we were going to be watching the game while standing all night (we’re pretty dedicated to our Leafs!).

Anyway, it wasn’t very pleasant standing there for over an hour and a half while the place was packed and people/waitresses were walking back and forth between us.  We were having a pretty disappointing/miserable time when the Real Sports manager and two girls working for MLSE approached us and asked if we wanted to watch the game LIVE!  Instantly we said “YES, OF COURSE!”  We appeared on the ACC’s jumbotron during the first period with Monika from Leafs TV and two other Leafs fans.  She announced our winning on the big screen and the rest is history.

I’ve never won anything this big since those Backstreet Boys tickets on Kiss 92.5 FM in seventh grade.  Our seats were amazing - front row.  We even got to take a picture in front of the Raptors and Leafs’ dressing rooms.  Totally unexpected. We lost our eighth in a row that night but I will cherish this memory forever!


LEAFS TV ALL ACCESS: TYLER BOZAK & PHIL KESSEL (NOV. 5, 2010):

Click  here to view more photos from this event


First time seeing Kessel and Bozak live in person! This was overall a very entertaining and fun event for all Leafs fans.  I love how it was very interactive and how close fans were able to  get up to the players.  Although the question I was about to ask was already answered, I still had a lot of fun! It was also my first time meeting Monika from Leafs TV - a great honour! Oh, and this was the turning point for my friend Denise’s obsession with hockey and the Leafs :D.


LEAFS VS. RANGERS (OCT. 13, 2010): 

 Click here to view more photos from this event


I know this post is about what happened in November, but I figured I’d include this anyway.

My friend Jeff got us Leafs tickets from his cousin on this day.  It was my first time attending a Leafs game in over four years so I was very excited. You can tell by all the tourists pictures I took! Haha.  We lost that night but I still had a lot of fun because hey, it is the Leafs after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post something. Even if you don't agree. After all, that's what sports is all about.