Jan 3, 2011

Funny/memorable quotes from Luke Schenn and Colby Armstrong all-access


Click here to view more photos from this event

With such huge success from the previous Leafs TV all-access, part two with Schenn and Armstrong was held Dec. 29, 2010.

Since wristbands were being handed out at noon, there were already more than 100 people lining up outside of Real Sports Apparel store (where the all-access was held) at 8am.   Just by looking at the line, you’d think Justin Bieber was in town.

Schenn and Armstrong definitely lived up to the hype for the all-access and more.  They say Armstrong is the funniest one on the team.  They were 101% correct.  I’ve compiled a list of memorable quotes that Schenn and Armstrong said during the thirty minute Q&A.  It’s definitely worth reading!

Monika (host): What are your new years eve plans?
Schenn: "We have a game the next day against Ottawa so I'll be sleeping. I room with Komisarik on the road and we're probably just going to say happy new year to each other and crash."
Armstrong: “They're probably going to share a kiss as well ...oh wait...that's awkward..."


Fan Question: Do you have pre-game rituals?
Armstrong: “I drink a Red Bull before every game. And by drink I mean chug.”
Fan: “That's not good for you.”
Armstrong: “I know.”

Fan Question: What's your favourite food at the Real Sports Bar?
Schenn: “I tried everything on the menu. I like everything.”
Armstrong: “He likes salad. That's healthy stuff.”
Schenn: “Yeah, salad with Red Bull dressing.”

Fan Querstion: What is your proudest moment in your career so far?
Armstrong: “Hmmm I don't know I can't think of anything at the moment.”
Schenn: “How about being line-mates with Sid?”
Armstrong: “Oh yeah that! Oh, and I also watched TV with him on the same couch!”
Schenn: “Ohhhhh, and shared a Red Bull with him right?! Oh em gee!”

 Fan Question: Did you guys fist pump while stuck in Jersey?
*both shakes head*
Armstrong: “But Schenn was Pauly D for Halloween this year so he can do it the best.”
*both do the fist pump*

Fan Question: What advice did you give your brother Brayden before playing for the Juniors this year?
Schenn: “He knows this is his last shot at this before turning twenty this year...”
Armstrong interrupts: "Oh, I played a huge part in his (Braydens) success in the games too. We are from the same town in Sakatchewan and I used to skate with him in the backyard rink. So everything you see him do now is from me.”

Fan Question: What do you guys do for fun with the team besides hockey?
Armstrong: “Oh! A few of the guys talk about Call of Duty ALL the time it's SO EMBARRASSING!”

Fan Question: Where would you like to go for vacation?
Armstrong: “I would love to go to the Bahamas.”
Schenn: “And work on your tan?”
Armstrong: “Yeah.”
Schenn: “Yeah you need to.”

Fan Question: Do you guys get made fun of by the guys because of you taste in country music?
Schenn: “Yeah, it's like,. sometimes we walk into the dressing room and we hear techno beats blasting. And Kaberle (I think he said Kaberle) is obsessed with Rihanna right now or something.”

Armstrong: “Schenn and I sit int he back of the plane usually. Bozie (Bozak) and Cabby) (Kaberle) are huge gamblers.”

Schenn seemed to be answering the questions very well so Armstrong interrupts him in the middle of him answering a question and said:
Armstrong: "Schenner, did you know these questions beforehand?"
Schenn: “...what? No...”
Armstrong: “Cause you're on a roll. Man, I'm terrible at this!”

Twitter Question: Colby should tweet more and Luke should get on Twitter.
Schenn: "I hear there's a fake account on Twitter with my name."
Armstrong: "I dunno how to twit...tweet?"

On what they did while stuck on the bus in Jersey:
Schenn: “Colby and I watched the karate kid with Bozie while waiting to get to the hotel that night.”
Armstrong: “Yeah. Bozie thought it was REALLY good. It wasn't even that good....”

Fan Question: Any superstitions before a game?
Armstrong: “One time my fingernails were getting really long. I was going to cut them  but didn't get a chance to. So then that same night I scored and I didn't get my nails.”

Fan Question: What was the craziest thing a fan has done to get your attention?
Schenn: *Looks at Colby* "There was a sign that night in Jersey...."
Armstrong: “...what?”
Schenn: “That sign...about strong...what was it?”
Armstrong: “What was it? ..what? Oh! There was a sign a fan had up in the crowd and it said: There's strong and then there's Armstrong."

Question: If you were playing hockey what would you be doing?
Schenn: “I'd probably be in university right now back in Saskatchewan.”
Armstrong: “I'd be living in my parents' basement. No, I'd be in the basement borrowing money from my parents. No, I'd be living with a friend *points at Schenn* borrowing money from my parents.”

Armstrong asks fans about the chicken wings at Real Sports Bar:
Armstrong: “How are the wings there anyway? I hear they’re huge! They’re not even chicken wings..they’re like...turkey wings!”
 

1 comment:

Post something. Even if you don't agree. After all, that's what sports is all about.